Wednesday, February 10, 2010

...Failed Blogger

So, it's been nearly a year since my last blog. And as I am realizing that I must become better connected to my emotions and be able to express those emotions on a more frequent basis with those I love and cherish, I think picking up the blogging again may be helpful.

So, today I read about a man in Europe who grew up in a poor family, ended up a self-made multi-millionaire, and now is giving ALL of his money away to charities (http://neatorama.cachefly.net/money-happiness.htm). I was astonished at some of the amazingly selfish comments on this article. I chose to comment, myself. Here is what I stated:
Skepticism, cynicism, defensiveness, etc... all problems that observers have, and are not this man's problem. This man has the right and choice to pursue what he believes is right, righteous and/or honorable... IN HIS OPINION (subject to universal laws, of course). If there is/are additional motives (tax shelter, etc.) or if you don't agree with HOW he is sacrificing for the good of others and his own peace, who cares? I see very, very little of this level of selflessness (my own selfish life included). Nothing is perfect in this world, but acts of generosity like this should serve as a spark of light in a world darkened by consumerism, greed, and selfishness. I don't know this man, but we should all be convicted of our own selfishness from this one act of his.

Do you have any thoughts or FEELINGS?




1 comment:

Lisa P said...

Nice! I have such a hard time on things like that--knowing how to speak up, what to say, how tough to be. Good word choice!